Dear Members and Friends of IBCZ,
Our focus at IBCZ this month is on prayer. Why prayer? The power of prayer deepens our dependence on Him and sharpens our faith. When we pray we choose to put everything in God’s hands knowing that His hand will show up in every aspect of our lives and in those around us.
The act of prayer is what creates our intimacy with God. God created us so we would interact with Him. Adam lost his and our fellowship with God, but Jesus Christ secured it for those who are Christ-followers. The apostle John tells us that this is why he and the other apostles preached the gospel: “That which we have seen and heard we proclaim also to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ.” (1 John 1:3). The fruit of the gospel is fellowship with the Father and the Son. God’s desire for us is to continue in fellowship with Him every day.
It is true that sin breaks, mars, and hinders that fellowship. However, it also true that prayer enhances, increases, and enlivens the fellowship. When we are talking to God, we are, in that moment, walking with God. If our only communion with God is just a few minutes a day or a pray at mealtime, it is no wonder that we find temptations so much more attractive.
As we go deeper in the reality of what prayer can accomplish, I encourage you to use the 21-Days of Prayer guide. Please join us this Sunday at 10:30 as we hear a message from God’s Word, “Prayer: Learning from the Master” Mark 1:29-39.
Your friend and pastor,
21-Days of Prayer
IBCZ February 2023
Theme: Return To Me
(Malachi 3:7) “Return to me, and I will return to you, says the Lord of hosts.”
WEEK 1: RETURN TO OUR FOCUS ON JESUS
Sunday, February 5th Worshipping Him – John 4:23 But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him.
- Worship team members and that we would be drawn closer to Jesus in corporate worship.
- Preaching of God’s Word in our church and elsewhere.
Monday, February 6th: Call upon Him – Jeremiah 33:3 Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.
- Prayer be taken seriously as a congregation.
- Missions: Madagascar Orphanage ministry
Tuesday, February 7th: Surrendered to Him – Romans 12:1 I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.
- Children and youth ministry, teachers, helpers and learners.
- Families to grow in the love and knowledge of the Lord. Fathers in their role as “priest”.
Wednesday, February 8th: Dependence on Him – Zechariah 4:6 Then he said to me, “This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the LORD of hosts.
- God’s supply through the faithfulness of His people.
- Holy Spirit to convict of sin and drawn us to Christ, revealing the Word of God to us.
Thursday, February 9th: Committed to Him – Proverbs 3:6 In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
- Young Adults and those who lead, Loren Price and Madison Frenette
- Missions: Day Away, next event 18 March
Friday, February 10th: Obeying Him – 1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome.
- Bible Study: small groups meeting in various venues.
- Pray for unsaved family and friends to come to know Christ.
Saturday, February 11th: Experiencing Him – 2 Cor. 3:16-18 But when one turns to the Lord, the veil is removed. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.
- Pray for two or three people, including yourself, to be transformed into the image of Christ.
- Those who are ill and afflicted and pray for healing.
WEEK 2: RETURN TO GOD’S WORK IN ME
Sunday, February 13th: Church Service – Hebrews 10:25 Not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.
- Devotion to Christ and His body, meeting together faithfully thereby encouraging one another.
- Missions: International Baptist Convention (IBC) reaching expats and nationals in 25 countries.
Post a comment