2 Chronicles 7:14: “If my people…”
- Anon: “Solomon’s temple was finally complete. The work of 70,000 laborers, 80,000 stone cutters, and 3,600 foremen were complete. Pure gold covered parts of the interior. Precious inlaid stones sparkled! The Ark of the Covenant inhabited the Holy of Holies. Only the presence of God was missing! Therefore, Solomon prays in II Chronicles 6: 41 ‘Now therefore, Arise, O LORD God, to Your resting place, You and the ark of Your strength. Let Your priests, O LORD God, be clothed with salvation, and let Your saints rejoice in goodness.’”
God response? II Chronicles 7:1-3 “When Solomon had finished praying, fire came down from heaven and consumed the burnt offering and the sacrifices; and the glory of the LORD filled the temple. And the priests could not enter the house of the LORD, because the glory of the LORD had filled the Lord’s house. When all the children of Israel saw how the fire came down, and the glory of the LORD on the temple, they bowed their faces to the ground on the pavement, and worshiped and praised the LORD, saying: ‘For He is good, For His mercy endures forever.’
After 15 days of celebration Solomon returns to his palace but God wasn’t finished speaking yet! II Chronicles 7:12-13, ‘Then the LORD appeared to Solomon by night, and said to him: ‘I have heard your prayer, and have chosen this place for Myself as a house of sacrifice. When I shut up heaven and there is no rain, or command the locusts to devour the land, or send pestilence among My people.’” Then:
- 2 Chronicles 7:14: “If my people…” Are we passionate about developing our prayer lives? Is it our agenda or God’s agenda? Obedience leads to blessing.
- Priority of Prayer:
- a) Whole life: Enveloped in Prayer
- b) Family: Give them a framework
- c) Church: Revivals are bathed in prayer.
- d) Glory of God: Primary goal. Moses: Exodus 33:18, ‘Show me your glory.’
Secondary goal: Our blessing and the blessing of others.
Prayer is important in every area of life but we need Holy Spirit inspired prayers.
- Corrie Ten Boom: “Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire?”
(to be continued….)
Your friend and Pastor
Post a comment