I believe people from all nations and persuasions have a deep-seated hunger for God. Without Him, life lacks any sense of meaning. If you are a Christian have you examined your mind recently, is it a Biblical mind? If you aren’t a Christian have you considered that the Bible is for real? Reliable and relevant to your life!
- 1. The Bible is an Accurate Record
Nelson Glueck (Jewish Archaeologist) “It may be stated categorically that no archaeological discovery has ever controverted (argued against) a Biblical reference.”
- 2. The Bible is Inspired
- 2 Timothy 3:16, (New Living Translation) “All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It straightens us out and teaches us to do what is right. It is God’s way of preparing us in every way, fully equipped for every good thing God wants us to do.”
- 2 Peter 1:20-21: “Above all, you must understand that no prophecy in Scripture ever came from the prophets themselves or because they wanted to prophesy. It was the Holy Spirit who moved the prophets to speak from God.” (“Moved outside their own power and energy”- Chuck Swindoll).
Inspired = God-breathed. The Bible isn`t `a collection of stories, fables, myths, or merely human ideas about God. This is God revealing Himself and His plan to certain believers who through the Holy Spirit wrote it down for our benefit and blessing.`
As I said in last week`s Blog the Bible is written over a 1600-year span. 40 authors from all walks of life – under different circumstances – for different people – in different languages yet it is a unity from beginning to end. Bible wasn`t `shaped by the writer’s creative ability or his understanding. God inspired the writers, so their message is genuine and reliable. God used the gifts, education and cultural background of each writer and cooperated with them in such a way to ensure that His intended message was conveyed.`
- 1 Corinthians 2:13 “This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.”
- Rev. John Stott: “The Bible is not just a book – but a library of books (66) – yet behind them all lies one Divine Author with one unifying theme.”
Acceptance of the Scriptures (Old Testament) before the coming of Jesus and when He came He endorsed them.
- Luke 24:27, (NLT) “Then Jesus quoted passages from the writings of Moses and all the prophets, explaining what all the Scriptures said about himself.”
- Luke 24:44, He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”
God’s Word is reliable! Chuck Swindoll quotes Professor Paul. Feinberg’s insightful comments: “Inerrancy means that when all the facts are known, the Scriptures in their original autographs and properly interpreted will be shown to be wholly true in everything that they affirm, whether that has, to do with doctrine or morality or with social, physical or life sciences.”
- 3. The Bible is a Living Book Heb. 4:12-13
- NLT: “For the word of God is full of living power. It is sharper than the sharpest knife, cutting deep into our innermost thoughts and desires. It exposes us for what we really are. Nothing in all creation can hide from him. Everything is naked and exposed before his eyes. This is the God to whom we must explain all that we have done.”
This Bible is not only a living book, it is an energetic and active book, through which God changes people’s lives. We note that the Divine Author speaks through such unlikely people! But He had a plan and a purpose as they wrote even when they didn’t understand what they were writing. It started when their lives were not only challenged but changed! God is still changing lives today and His Word is living and active! God has a plan and purpose for your life! He continues to reveal Himself through His Living Word. The Bible is Truth in action and moves to confront, not only our society but our secular culture. God`s Word has real power to awaken us to the claim of God on our lives. Something to consider…
Your friend and Pastor
Post a comment