- Heb11:3. “By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so what is seen was not made out of what was visible.”
This majestic God created the heavens:
- a) 100’s of Billions of galaxies,
- b) Our galaxy:
Britannica Encyclopedia: “Large spiral (coiled) galaxy (roughly 150,000 light-years in diameter) that contains Earth’s solar system. It includes the multitude of stars whose light is seen as the Milky Way, the irregular luminous band that encircles the sky, defining the plane of the galactic disk. The Milky Way system contains hundreds of billions of stars and large amounts of interstellar gas and dust. Its precise constituents, shape, and true size and mass are still not known. It contains large amounts of dark matter (missing matter) and a massive black hole at its core .The Sun lies in one of the Galaxy’s spiral arms, about 27,000 light-years (or about 155 trillion miles) from the centre.”
American Museum of Natural History: “Distance between stars and galaxies in the universe is so vast it would be unwieldy to describe it in miles. Like measuring the distance between Tokyo to N.Y. in inches. Instead scientists use light years to measure distances in space. This sounds like a unit of time but a light year is actually the distance that light travels in one year. Light year is actually 5,850, 000,000,000 miles about 6 trillion miles.”
- c) He created the Earth “The Earth orbits around the Sun at a speed of 18.5 miles per second, making one complete revolution in 365.25 days. The Earth spins on its axis and rotates completely once every 23 hours 56 minutes 4 seconds. The Earth is the fifth largest planet in the solar system, with an equatorial circumference of 24, 902 miles and a total surface area of about 197,000,000 square miles. Of this total surface area, 29 percent or 57,000,000 miles is covered by land.”
- d) He created Man: Creator of this Universe desires a relationship with you and me!
Many fail to look to God for answers and reduce His role in origins! But often there is an awareness that some designer is behind all this? Tremendous significance, infinite (can’t be measured) meaning in His Creation. God determined what would happen. His idea alone! The Bible doesn’t claim to be a scientific book although it impacts many areas of science.
Basically, it is about revelation. God reveals Himself not only in Creation (Romans 1:20) but in His Word (the Bible “All Scripture is God breathed…” 2 Timothy 3:16) as:
- Sovereign, Creator, and Redeemer and in these early chapters He is revealed as a Friend, Companion, Judge, Protector, Guide and Sustainer.
- Acts 17:28a, “In him we live and move and have our being.”
- Paul in Acts 17:24, “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands.”
God`s final revelation is in His One and Only Son Jesus Christ (Romans 5:1-11).
To counter paganism, secularism, materialism, spiritualism, atheism (no God), etc., we need to know what and in whom we believe. Culture gives us spiritual gurus who, reinterpret Christianity (telling us many ways to God, etc., note John 14:6) teach an enlightened human consciousness based on Hinduism, promote reincarnation, evolution, etc.
- The Bible reminds us that God`s Creation is full of purpose! The Bible is not a scientific textbook but a Book that explains God’s way of redemption.
The One and Only God is both Creator and Redeemer (John 3:16).
Your friend and Pastor
Post a comment